The Windy City RATs - Triumph Riders & Owners ClubThe Chicago Area Riders Association of Triumph
The Windy City RAT club had its beginnings back when Triumph Motorcycles was supporting its Riders Association of Triumph (RAT) clubs in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Motor Cycle Center was the first and only Triumph dealer in the entire Chicago area at that time, and owner Geoff Mellinger initiated, founded and supported the club with Triumph customers and riders at that time. Triumph has since abandoned their official support of these clubs, but the relationships and camaraderie established then have survived and flourished.
Today we are 130+ Chicago area Triumph and motorcycle owners and riders who get together for informal social dinners, rides and special events, sharing our stories and experiences and gaining general motorcycle and Triumph brand-related news and updates from our relationships with Triumph dealers and other clubs in the Chicago metro area.
Our members range from beginners to advanced riders with a wide variety of Triumph models represented including Bonneville, Thruxton, Speedmaster, America, Thunderbird, Speed Triple, Tiger 800, Sprint and more. Many of our members also ride other brands, and all brands and riders are welcome.
- Maintain a relaxed, informal culture balanced with intentional choices to grow and expand the group
- Advance the Triumph brand, its products, dealer network and customer experience.
- Build a friendly, open atmosphere riders of any experience level are comfortable and feel welcome.
- Provide safe, educational, and valuable learning experiences for riders to improve their knowledge and skills at any level.
- Encourage and participate informally in charitable rides and activities designed to give back to our communities and improve society in general.
We are a non-dues club! Our group communication takes place on this website and within our Windy City RATs Facebook Group. To join us, please submit a group member request on our Facebook Group, and also use our email contact form so we know who you are! Then, start attending our events as often as you can and interact with us on Facebook!